We've been getting a few questions regarding what to eat pre/post WOD. It's important to fuel your body for the work it's about to do and also give it something after the workout to replenish the energy stores you burned. Pre/post WOD food is really personal - some people can eat right before the workout with no issues while other may need to let things settle a bit before jumping in. Here are some pre-workout snack ideas that we've found work well!
- Handful of nuts or seeds
- Banana with almond butter
- Protein shake/protein bar (works for post WOD as well - try to find a protein bar without a lot of added sugar)
- Trail mix
- Apple and string cheese (if you're doing dairy)
- PROTEIN - it's important to give your body an easily absorbed form of protein if you're looking to build muscle. Common wisdom says consuming protein within an hour post workout is ideal
- Fruit combined with some type of protein source (lunch meat, cheese, jerky...etc)
- Hard boiled egg
- Getting the protein hint yet?
Handstand Pushups - 4 x 10
If you don't have handstand pushups work on a modified version or practice getting into a handstand on the wall.
EMOM for 12 Minutes
3 cleans (pick a weight that's challenging, but one that you can complete 36 reps)
6 hand-release push-ups