Barbells for Boobs Week!
I know you've heard us throwing the Barbells for Boobs name around, but wanted to give everyone a bit more information about the cause and how you can participate. You've probably noticed the workouts are a little tougher this week (umm Eva anyone?!) - that's because we're doing a series of Hero and Benchmark workouts to signify the fight to beat cancer and the battle many women embark on each and every day.
Although working out doesn't directly impact the cause, drawing awareness to the millions of women who are underinsured or uninsured is a great thing. So while you're talking up those killers WODs to your family and friends, maybe mention that you're doing them for Breast Cancer Awareness month. You never know when a simple conversation could spark the initiative for someone to get tested. Here's a video describing the outcome from last year's Barbells for Boobs event - we're only expecting it to get bigger and better this year.
How You Can Get Involved
Join the Lakeside CrossFit team on the Barbells for Boobs website!
- Point your browsers to: http://fundraise.barbellsforboobs.org/fundraise/team?ftid=27060
- On the profile picture, you should see a little box that says "join this team"
- Follow the prompts to register your personal page
- Share on social media!
If we can raise a little money on behalf of LCS for the B4B cause - all the better.
Come to the Lakeside CrossFit BBQ on Saturday, October 26, 9am - 1pm
- WODs start at 9am - feel free to bring family and friends we'll have scaled workouts for anyone that wants to participate. Our regular experienced members will be completing a tough partner WOD. Choose teammates now! :)
- WEAR PINK! Any/all pink costumes are highly encouraged.
- Hang out, BBQ and enjoy an adult beverage (BYOB)